A detailed and thorough topographic survey forms an important part of any site investigation, providing an accurate record of the current site topography, its features and ground investigation exploratory hole locations.
Our topographic surveys vary according to plot size, from individual developments to larger commercial and residential developments. We have also provided internal layout, level and exterior elevation surveys. While each project is tailored to meet the client’s exact requirements, a topographical land survey will typically include:
- Site boundaries, fences and hedge lines (annotated for type/thickness/height etc.)
- Outline of existing buildings and structures
- Height of eaves and roof ridges
- Natural features, trees and vegetation, with individual trees larger than 100mm diameter identified and detailed to show size of trunk/spread/variety
- Kerb lines, steps, surface coverings
- Drainage ditches, utility covers and overhead cables
- Spot elevation (the density of which will depend on the proposed scale of the drawing and clients requirements, but will always be sufficient to adequately define the ground profile)
- Contour lines
The final topographical survey will be aligned to OS National Grid and can be provided as a 3D CAD drawing in digital format, as a PDF or as a paper plot.