A detailed and thorough survey forms an important part of any site investigation, providing an accurate record of the current site topography, its features and ground investigation exploratory hole locations.
Our topographic surveys vary according to the plot sizes for individual developments to the larger commercial and residential developments. We have also provided internal layout, level and exterior elevation surveys. While each project is tailored to meet the Client’s exact requirements, the detail will typically include:
- Site boundaries, fences and hedge lines (annotated for type/thickness/height etc.)
- Outline of existing buildings and structures
- Height of eaves and roof ridges
- Trees and vegetation with individual trees larger than 100mm diameter identified and detailed to show size of trunk/spread/variety
- Kerb lines, steps, surface coverings
- Drainage, utility covers and overhead cables
- Spot levels (the density of which will depend on the proposed scale of the drawing and clients requirements, but will always be sufficient to adequately define the ground profile)
The final topographic survey will be aligned to OS National Grid and can be provided as a 3D drawing in digital CAD format, PDF as well as a paper plot.