At Southern Testing we have the experience, resources and technical ability to complete both nearshore and inland waterway ground investigations.
We can provide all the necessary plant / vessels (including uniflote pontoons with spud legs, jackup platforms, tugs, safety boats) to enable all methods of ground investigation to be carried out overwater.
Southern Testing seeks to provide individual solutions to individual problems. Tailored solutions are prepared for a wide variety of clients whose diverse needs extend to all areas of development and construction. If you are not sure exactly what service you require please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We have years of experience behind us and are always happy to offer help and advice and ultimately the solution you are looking for.
Past projects have included:
- Boreholes to 40m to provide parameters for pile design for new fishing stage structures on the River Ouse at Newhaven.
- Boreholes to depths of up to 50m below bed level to provide design parameters for a New Heavy Duty Berth at Newhaven Port.
- Environmental sludge sampling with settlement lagoons.
- Boreholes to 40m depth to provide information for pile design of new structures on River Thames near Greenhithe
- Overwater site investigation as part of a dredging survey within the harbour entrance Newhaven.
- Vibrocore river bed sediment sampling as part of dredging survey.
- Boreholes within a reservoir in East Sussex to provide design parameters for a new water intake structure and transfer tunnel.
- Overwater site investigation in connection with the Gunwharf Quays development in Portsmouth.
- Overwater site investigation at various ports / harbours including Dover, Southampton, Portsmouth and Folkstone.