Construction projects can be significantly influenced by the geotechnical, geological, and hydrological conditions of the site, as well as the potential presence of contamination. We have over 50 years of site investigation, geotechnical consultancy and design experience and are able to provide both ground investigation, geotechnical engineering analysis and design solutions for a range of civil engineering project types.
Site investigation can be regarded as an essential part of the preliminary design of any construction project which determines the geological (geology), engineering (soil and rock mechanics), hydrological (groundwater) and environmental (contamination) characteristics of the ground. It is fundamental to safe, efficient and economic development. We ensure that the ground investigation is designed and implemented correctly to meet the project requirements. Where necessary, our multi-disciplined teams are able to integrate the scope of works to cover both geotechnical and environmental concerns in order to provide a technically robust and cost effective site investigation solution.
We provide both factual and interpretive reports. Ground Investigation Reports (GIR) and Geotechnical Design Reports (GDR) are provided to meet the requirements of Eurocode 7 (EC7). We have established a reputation for analysing the problem and delivering solutions and design reports of unrivalled quality and clarity.
Our key areas of site investigation geotechnical consultancy include:
- Initial Site Investigation / Site Appraisal
- Phase 1 Geotechnical Desk Study
- Geological Assessment
- Hydrogeological Characterisation
- Ground Investigation Design
- Foundations, Piling, Basements and Sub Structures
- Subsidence or Heave Investigations and Underpinning Design
- Slope Engineering and Slope Stabilisation
- Retaining Structures, Bored and Sheet Piling
- Temporary and Permanent Works
- Earthworks design and monitoring
- Ground Improvement and Soil Stabilisation
- Road and Temporary Works Platforms
- Soakaways and Stormwater Managements
- Pipeline Route Evaluation, Ground Characterisation, Engineering Analysis and Thrust Block Design
- Ground Instrumentation and Monitoring
- Mining and Cavities
Find Out More
As part of the site investigation services that we offer at Southern Testing our team will work with you at every step of the way to provide a complete geotechnical consultancy service from the planning stages of your project and through to completion. If you want further information about our geotechnical consultancy service or any of the other services that we offer, then please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can get in touch with a member of the team by completing our contact form, or alternatively by contacting one of our offices.