Graduate Engineering Geologist, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineers
Southern Testing has been established for 55 years providing geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy and contracting services to the private and public sectors, with an annual turnover of £5million. We are ranked in the top 20 engineering consultants in the UK and probably in the top 5 geotechnical/ geoenvironmental consultants. We have had a period of steady growth over the past 6 years and currently have vacancies at several levels within our regional Northampton Office and at head office In East Grinstead, West Sussex.
As a Graduate Engineer you will be part of a mixed team involved in a number of projects at any one time, ranging from small residential developments to multi-million pound residential, industrial and commercial developments.
You will be qualified, preferable to Masters Level, in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science (or equivalent). A full valid UK driving license is required.
Full training will be given, on all aspects of the job, with your role developing to include the following:
• Designing, managing and performing site investigation contracts.
• Estimating and determining feasibility of projects. Agreeing cost estimates with clients and managing project budgets.
• Carrying out Phase 1 Desk Studies and Walkover Surveys.
• Carrying out Phase II+ Intrusive investigations, including risk assessment and interpretative report writing (under supervision as appropriate).
• Inspecting project sites to monitor progress on remediation.
• Directing the collection and field analysis of soil and material samples.
• Directing the receipt, logging, storage, testing and disposal of samples.
• Scheduling of samples for laboratory analysis.
• Preparing or modifying factual and interpretative reports.
What we can offer you
We are looking for high calibre candidates and in return we are offering a very generous package. The benefits package will include:
• Competitive Salary
• Profit Related Bonuses
• Up to 28 days’ annual leave (23 days on commencement)
• Company car (after qualifying period)
• Stakeholder Pension (5% company contribution)
• Non-contributory life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
We are an independent, management owned company with a strong commitment to our staff. Across all offices, we have a total staff of 70 with 50-55 professional/technically qualified. We put a strong emphasis on professional development for all our staff. We provide an in-house programme of training for more junior staff and external CPD training days for more senior staff. Our training scheme is accredited by the Geological Society. We encourage attendance at professional meetings.
If you are interested please apply to Joe Kelly at ST Consult, Twigden Barns, Brixworth Road, Creaton, Northants, NN6 8LU. Joe is Joint Managing Director and a Geoenvironmental Engineer/Team Leader. If you would like to discuss the position informally you may speak to Joe on 01604 500020. Alternatively please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not welcome applications from recruitment agencies. If as an individual, you are considering applying for a position, then please do so directly.