Southern Testing was formed in 1967. We are an independent Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental and Ground Investigation Specialists providing Consultancy and Contractor Site Investigation Services throughout the UK.
Our Clients include consulting engineers, commercial and industrial developers, national house builders, land agents, funding institutions, local authorities and government organisations, as well as a number of private individuals.
Projects span across a diverse range of environments including; highway, infrastructure, utilities, health care, education, residential, commercial, and leisure schemes.
Site investigation can be regarded as an essential part of the preliminary design of any construction project in order to determine the geological, engineering, environmental and contamination characteristics, together with previous uses of any site. It is fundamental to both safe, efficient and economic development.
We provide quality, objective technical advice and investigation for the purpose of:
- Evaluation – Pre-planning and prior to purchase site assessments and audits including Topographic surveys, Utility Searches and Mapping, Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Risk Assessments, Desk Studies, Basement Impact Assessments, Mine Workings and Asbestos Surveys.
- Design – Comprehensive geotechnical and environmental consultancy and site investigation to enable effective characterisation of land and overwater sites.
- Construction – Everything from small extensions to major refurbishments and multi-million pound development and remediation schemes, roads, pipelines, tunnels, earthworks, foundations, piling, soakaways, slopes, retaining structures etc..
- Remediation – Brownfield and contaminated sites, foundation failures, subsidence, landslip, mining, solution features, clay shrinkage problems, arbitration in soil and foundation problems.
- Verification – management and supervision of schemes for remedial works, together with post-remediation certification and verification reporting to ensure that the project meets the objectives of the Remediation Method Statement and the approval of the regulatory authorities.